Spice up your 4th of July and summer with these Bourbon cocktail recipes from Baker’s, Basil Hayden’s, and Knob Creek Bourbon.
Bring the big, full flavor of Knob Creek Bourbon to your weekend festivities and mix up some Knob Creek B&B Old Fashioned cocktails. With ingredients like blueberries and basil, this drink will be the festive and refreshing sip you need while enjoying your family barbecue:
Knob Creek B&B Old Fashioned
By celebrity chef Michael Symon
2 Parts Knob Creek® Bourbon
½ Part Lemon Juice
½ Part Raw Sugar Simple Syrup
2 Dashes Angostura® Bitters
4-6 Blueberries – 1 for Garnish
4-6 Basil Leaves – 1 for Garnish
- Mull blueberries and basil leaves in a bar tin, add ice and remaining ingredients and shake well.
- Strain into an iced lowball, add bitters.
- Garnish with a blueberry and a single basil leaf.
Take your cocktail up a notch with the robust flavors and higher proof of Baker’s Bourbon. The Baker’s Citrus Sazerac is a refreshing and summer-inspired twist on the classic Sazerac cocktail. The recipe combines the robust, 107-proof Baker’s Bourbon, grapefruit liqueur and a hint of tart citrus to create a cocktail perfect to toast this year’s fireworks display:
Baker’s Citrus Sazerac
By mixologist Jordan Felix (Portland, OR)
1 1/2 parts Baker’s® Bourbon 1/2 part Grapefruit Liqueur
1 tsp of Cane Syrup*
1 dash of Angostura® Bitters 1 dash of Whiskey Barrel Bitters
- Spritz a chilled Sazerac glass with honey whiskey liquer.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir well.
- Pour into the spritzed Sazerac glass and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
*Cane Syrup Recipe
2 parts cane sugar
1 part water
- Combine 2 parts can sugar and 1 part water
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, then refrigerate
For a tasty and bright cocktail, try mixing up Basil Hayden’s American Sour. With ingredients like pomegranate juice and Angostura bitters, the recipe highlights this American-made bourbon in a flavorful way that’s perfect to spice up a summer day or summer holiday:
2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
1 part Pomegranate Juice
1 tablespoon Fig Preserve
1 bar spoon Fresh Lemon Juice
2 dashes Angostura® Aromatic Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.