After nearly three years in development, the Bardstown Bourbon Company (BBCo) today achieved another major milestone with the start of commercial production. The Company also announced that it’s already preparing to expand because its collaborative whiskey, bourbon, and rye distilling program is sold out, based on the current capacity of the distillery. The distillery’s 1.5 million proof gallon capacity can be expanded to more than 6 million proof gallons within the current design, by adding additional equipment, which allows BBCo. to take on new customers in 3rd quarter 2017.
“The Bardstown Bourbon Company is reshaping the American whiskey market,” said David Mandell, President & CEO. “The success of our Collaborative Distilling Program demonstrates the massive demand for custom, authentic, Kentucky whiskey products. We’re excited to begin producing bourbon for our customers and our own brands.”
The BBCo distillery plans to open its visitors and events center to the public in early 2017, which will contain one of the largest collections of whiskey in the state of Kentucky. The state-of-the-art whiskey distillery will also include a transparent educational experience and high-end tours and tastings, event space, and eventually, a restaurant and boutique hotel.
To make this all possible, the company assembled one of the most experienced whiskey-distilling teams in the industry, led by Bourbon Hall of Fame Master Distiller, Steve Nally – a 40-year veteran of the spirits industry and the former Master Distiller of Maker’s Mark.
“We’ve turned on the whiskey at the Bardstown Bourbon Company,” said Master Distiller, Steve Nally. “I’m so proud to be starting up this incredible operation in my hometown. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and we’re excited to share it with the world soon.”
Led by Nally, the production team has an average of more than 15 years of experience in the industry, working on world-class brands, including Jim Beam and Maker’s Mark.
The following are BBCo’s production team members and years of whiskey distilling experience:
- Becky Carrick, Operations Administrator, 27 years
- Thomas Crume, Distillery Manager, 28 years
- Carrie Hutchins, Warehouse Operator, 18 years
- Kevin Hayden, Maintenance, 24 years
- Andrew Jury, Distillery Operator, 3 years
- Gary Jarboe, Distillery Operator, 11 years
- Steve Nally, Master Distiller, 38 years
- Brian Newton, Maintenance, 19 years
- Angela Mattingly, Warehouse Operator, 15 years
- Daniel Pugh, Warehouse Operator, 14 years
- James Thompson, Distillery Operator, 5 years
- Nicholas Smith, Distillery Supervisor, 4 years
- William Smith. Jr., Distillery Operator, 4 years
- Delvin Smith, Distillery Operator, 18 years
- Donald Whitney, Distillery Operator, 2 years